No matter if you are visiting New York for the weekend or you just moved to the neighborhood, Battery Park is one area of New York that has something for everyone. Located at the tip of Manhattan, and encompassing the financial district, South Street Seaport , and the Brooklyn Bridge, Battery Park is full of fun, ferries, and fabulous views of New York Harbor that you can’t find anywhere else.
A Newbie Guide to Battery Park, NYC
- Sure, a lot of places in New York have great views but there’s nothing quite like the one you’ll get on the Statue of Liberty Ferry which departs from the Castle Clinton National Monument. See where thousands of immigrants passed through the Harbor in search of a better life as you walk the grounds of Ellis Island. Save money and ride the Staten Island Ferry past the Statue for free.
- You’ll want to head over to Ground Zero to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11. Now the site of the Millenial Tower construction, there are touching tributes all around the perimeter.
- Hungry? The cobblestone block in the Financial District, aptly called Stone Street, is the perfect place to get a bite. Jam-packed with classic Irish pubs and favorite American taverns, this much loved after work hangout is popular place to enjoy dining al fresco.
- What’s Battery Park without the most famous street in America? Walk down Wall Street to check out the New York Stock Exchange and imagine you’re Gordon Gekko hatching up a new money-making deal.
- Need a place to have fun? South Street Seaport Village is your spot. Walk the pier, marveling at the multitude of performers making balloon animals or singing, then pop inside the mall for a little shopping. You can also dine at one of the several pier restaurants, where you’ll enjoy East River and Brooklyn Bridge views.
Looking for more things to do in New York? We publish regular neighborhood guides in our Newbie NYC section. And remember, if you just moved and realized your new apartment won’t fit everything you brought, we have a storage facility near South Street Seaport in Battery Park NYC that’s safe, close and convenient. Give us a call today!