If you are storing your artworks at a Manhattan Mini Storage facility, we have some exciting news for you. You are being invited to apply to Fresh Out of Storage brought to you by No Longer Empty – an online project followed by an exhibition that will give exposure to you as an artist and also your stored artworks and the stories behind them.
Fresh Out of Storage entails the following phases:
- All eligible applicants will have their artworks featured on a dedicated blog.
- 20 artists will be selected for a “Storage Visit”.
- Selected 20 artists will be interviewed for a three-minute documentary video.
- A curated exhibition, featuring 10 of the 20 artists, will be presented at the Spring Street Manhattan Mini Storage in Soho.
Visual artists working across all disciplines. Artist must have a current account with Manhattan Mini Storage.
To be considered for this opportunity, artists should:
- Participate in a 1-hr storage site visit
- Deliver their artworks to and from the exhibition site
- Provide their own insurance for their artwork
- Attend Fresh Out Of Storage opening reception
How to apply:
For Part 1, fill out the application form at http://bit.ly/1XSA6ww.
For Part 2, send the following documents as a single PDF attachment to Ariela@nolongerempty.org with the subject title “Fresh Out of Storage- Your Name”:
- A brief statement of your creative work.
- Resume including education, any professional and exhibition history.
- Five images of your work that includes title, date, media, and dimensions.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Deadline for applications: July 2nd, 2016
- Storage visits will happen in August
- Exhibition opening date: October 6th, 2016
- Duration of exhibition: 10 days
- De-install date: October 16th, 2016
This is a partnership between Manhattan Mini Storage and No Longer Empty. Project and exhibition is curated by Ariela Kader. If you need help or have questions, please contact email@example.com #freshoutofstorage