Though NYC still seems to be in denial this week, it’s officially autumn and we’re taking the opportunity to daydream: what if you packed up your stuff into moving boxes in New York, tucked them safely into temporary storage, and took off on a leaf-peeping, harvest festival-noshing, fall foliage tour of the Northeast?
5 Breathtaking Fall Foliage Tours to Take This Season
- Catskills Fall Foliage Tour – The Catskills bursts into life in late September and early October. Make sure to catch the Mechanics Harvest Festival, showcasing old-fashioned harvest processes.
- Harvest Time in the Fingerlakes – See the grape harvest and the “Big Crush” first-hand through October. Bonus treat: the world’s largest blown-glass pumpkin at the Corning Museum of Glass’s Glass Harvest.
- Adirondack Harvest Festivals – Our favorite of NY’s harvest festivals: the Adirondack Harvest Taste-Off in Lake Placid, a locavore culinary competition that appeals to our deep love of Iron Chef-style taste-offs.
- Bear Mountain Fall Foliage Cruise – If you’d rather not get behind the wheel, opt for a chauffeured fall foliage cruise from NYC. Don’t miss the Bear Mountain Oktoberfest celebration, operating on weekends!
- Long Island Fall Foliage Tours – Leaf-peeping Manhattanites who want to stay a little closer to home can also visit the beautiful north shore of Long Island in late October.
With Moving Boxes, New York State Is Your Playground
While you’re on that glorious NY fall foliage tour, you’ll be able to rest easy knowing your stuff is safe with us inside your snug moving boxes in New York. And at just $29/month, you might just have enough left over for your own blown-glass pumpkin! Give us a call at 212-STORAGE for special rates today.