Water is one of our planet’s most precious resources, and if we don’t conserve it — and keep it clean and safe for drinking — we’re literally putting ourselves in mortal danger.
Here at Manhattan Mini Storage, we’re always looking for ways to conserve, re-use, re-purpose and recycle in hopes of creating a healthier planet. We came across this excellent article on Martha Stewart’s web site and wanted to share it with you. Here are just a few ways you can use and save water in a more responsible way:
1) Don’t use your drain as a trash chute for paint or other chemicals.
2) If you have a dishwasher, adjust the settings to use as little water as possible.
3) Skip the pre-rinse when doing dishes; let your dishwasher do the work.
4) When doing laundry, run fewer, fuller loads.
5) When you shop for appliances, choose energy-efficient models.